Another from my “weird and wonderful” photo shoot with nieces and nephews this weekend. 12 year-old Mariah, a ham, put on a blonde wig and climbed inside a cabinet in the 1949 Spartan camper my bro-in-law is renovating.

Another from my “weird and wonderful” photo shoot with nieces and nephews this weekend. 12 year-old Mariah, a ham, put on a blonde wig and climbed inside a cabinet in the 1949 Spartan camper my bro-in-law is renovating.

Hilarious photo shoot with my nieces & nephews on their acreage in the Adirondacks. We’re calling this one with my niece )in her homecoming dress from last night), “Chores.”

Hilarious photo shoot with my nieces & nephews on their acreage in the Adirondacks. We’re calling this one with my niece )in her homecoming dress from last night), “Chores.”

Ukes vs Guns

Quick poll with two questions…
1) Would you rather see: person holding a ukulele, or person holding a gun?
2) Would you rather be: a uke-holder, or a gun-pointer?

PS: This likely seems like a ludicrous set of questions to my friends in NYC. Yet, I like shooting guns as much as I like driving 4x4s through the Sahara desert, being all badass and stuff. I’m a mountain girl and understand about living in rural areas.

And wanting revolution (albeit a la Russell Brand).

But most times, I think the US of ‘Merica needs about 99% less guns (especially automatic weapons, which have no place in our society), and 99% more ukulele players than we currently have. The other 1% can do as they please, obvs.

Come on guys, let’s all learn to play the ukulele.

Tiny House Hotel in Portland, Oregon. It’s everything I hoped it’d be.

Tiny House Hotel in Portland, Oregon. It’s everything I hoped it’d be.

Listening to ‘Will Lexington’ from the show “Nashville” (Chris Carmack) play an impromptu original song at Bluebird Cafe. Dude’s legit.

Listening to ‘Will Lexington’ from the show “Nashville” (Chris Carmack) play an impromptu original song at Bluebird Cafe. Dude’s legit.

The band’s all here!

The band’s all here!

Budapest parliament building from the river. #love

Budapest parliament building from the river. #love

Awesome pics.

afghanistaninphotos:

Girls skating - Afghanistan

(via goodstuffhappenedtoday)

Ridng down the Pan American Highway from Quito to Latacunga, Ecuador.

Ridng down the Pan American Highway from Quito to Latacunga, Ecuador.